GHG emissions reduction measures
ICDC10 recognizes its obligation to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and strives to minimize its carbon footprint by implementing the following measures:
- Our caterer will serve vegetarian meals and avoid the use of emission-intensive products.
- Local products will be used to minimize emissions related to transport. Meals will be prepared from high-quality, regionally and seasonally available products.
- To minimize waste and reduce the use of plastics, each participant will be given a reusable water bottle. Quality-controlled, tasty and refreshing tap water will be served throughout ICDC10, and available at refill stations throughout the conference venue. Similarly, tableware will be used instead of disposable plastic cutlery.
- ICDC10 excursions will rely on public transportation.
- ICDC10 invites all participants to compensate their travel-related emissions. Compensation through a carbon offset company certified by CDM, Gold Standard or similar is recommended.
- ICDC10 encourages participants to use the highly efficient Swiss public transport system for travel within Switzerland.